: Experienced Storekeeping Supervisor
Location: Mowe, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Take delivery of all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom
- Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs
- Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally
- Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities
- Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 7 – 10 years work experience.
- Employers often seek people with working knowledge of store-keeping, general warehousing, and familiarity with issuing, stocking, ordering and receiving parts/supplies, and understanding of cycle counts on inventory.
- It is also important that they can operate equipment such as forklift and light trucks in a safe manner, and in compliance with standard operating policies and procedures
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management.
- The job of a storekeeper requires some physical labor, so it is vital that they can lift 50 pounds unaided.
- Applicants are required to have some computer skills to work with computerized inventory system and data entry skills to update the inventory control system.
- They need great written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with others and maintain appropriate store records.
Customer Service Skills:
- The role of a storekeeper is a client-facing role. Applicants may be required to interface with suppliers and customers, so it is vital that they have a customer-orientation, which is necessary for identifying customer needs, retaining customer, and resolving Customer Issues.
- Given the nature of their job, interpersonal skills are essential for building and strengthening relationships with the various stakeholders they interface within the course of their job.
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Mowe, Ogun USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND