Job Code: #M00002
- The Family Physician reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services, will be responsible for providing high-quality medical care by examining patients and treating diseases. The incumbent will be responsible for patients’ routine check-ups as well as non-emergency medical situations that arise; undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits. The Family Physician is also responsible for helping patients prevent, understand, manage illness, and navigate set health goals.
- The duties of the family physician include; conducting routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues; giving appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health. Responsibilities will also include, conducting examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition as well as referring patients to specialists or surgeons where necessary.
- Develop a personal relationship with patients.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health conditions and discover possible issues.
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine patients’ conditions.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover the causes of illness.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patientТs medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret lab test results to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team.
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to specialists where needed (ophthalmologist, orthopaedist, neurologist, etc.).
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations, or other significant information (e.g, allergic episodes) on Helium plus.
- Make use of patient health data in medical analysis.
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients.
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars.
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Must have a Post Graduate / Residency qualification in Family Medicine.
- Proven experience as a Family Physician.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics.
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medical best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Respect for patientТs confidentiality.
- Compassionate and approachable.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
14th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA