Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced livestock farmer to manage a startup farm located around Mowe, Ogun State area. The manager will spend many hours weekly conducting research on methods to improve egg production and reduce bird mortality.
- In addition, the manager will perform a long list of duties that range from checking feed readings to testing birds in houses for the presence of disease.
- The ideal candidate will be someone with a keen understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and performance of commercial layers.
- Manager will live on Farm Premises.
- Responsible to implement, and enforce policies that cover feed efficiency, egg production, and mortality goals.
- Responsible for developing an annual production system for the farm (as applicable.)
- Responsible for training all new house employees.
- Responsible for performing, communicating, and evaluating post mortem inspections of birds. This will be required on a Weekly basis.
- Responsible for making feed recommendations based on egg quality and monthly bird performance.
- Responsible for training, implementing, and enforcing all animal welfare policies as defined by Farm Management.
- Responsible to oversee that production and feed goals are followed and for accurately reporting progress weekly
- Responsible for Managing Livestock waste
Sales and Marketing:
- Assist with marketing, sales and distribution of all livestock and livestock produce
- Communicate with customers and CSA members including emails, Facebook, Instagram posts, etc. regarding current production offering etc.
- Provide current content for website and advertisements.
- Participate in appreciation gatherings for volunteers
Operations and Finance:
- Track farm operations and data
- Assist with Purchase orders for all farming supplies, tools and equipment
- Manage products/inventory tracking in accounting and on-line sales systems
- Ensure property is maintained for safety, participate in property/liability reviews and remediation efforts
- Be responsible for compliance with all city, county and state agricultural, food and safety policies, including permits etc.
- Create annual budget for farm related activities and track performance against budget by updating sales (essentially automated), expenses and capital expenditures on an ongoing basis on a timely basis. Participate in quarterly financial review meetings.
Other Support and Note:
- Be responsible for feeding, providing water and collecting eggs of farm animals (12 chickens, 5 ruminants) during normal working hours and when Owners are on vacation.
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. Degree in Agriculture with 5 years Experience.
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Must be patient, diligent and honest
- Must be organized, with strong planning skills to ensure operations are efficient
- Strong communication skills required to interact with customers and volunteers
- A serious interest in farming as a lifestyle and livelihood
17th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
- Location Ogun,Ogun,Ogun NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND