Fiber Optics Technician
Job Type Full Time
Job Field: Telecoms
- Minimum OND/HND/B.Tech in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Splicing and Testing of Fiber Optic Cables.
- Pulling of Fiber Optic Cables and assembling fiber enclosures.
- Ability to use splicing machine.
- Carry out fiber civil works.
- Assist the fibre engineer during project implementation.
- Ensures installations conform to the plans and to industry standards, specifications and regulations.
- Assists with developing and improving a set of standards and specifications for the installation of optic fibre.
- Working knowledge of splicing, termination and testing of Optical Fiber Cable.
- Hand on experience in Fiber closures assemblies and installations.
- Experience in Fiber Civil Works and Fiber Pulling/Blowing.
- Experience in handling splicing machine, OTDR, Light source and power meter.
- Knowledge of fiber route survey.
- Knowledge of trenching and Fiber Optics duct and cable laying.
- Avoid downtime /fiber cut 100%.
- Carry out fiber test and splicing/termination.
- Ensure maintenance equipment are in good shape.
- Available for quick fiber restoration in an event of failure.
- Patrol assigned routes in accordance with SLA.
- Experience with Vendor Service Level requirements.
- Experience in the calculation of loss budget.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suites.
25th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
- Location Ondo/Edo/Delta USD Month
- Minimum Qualification OND