Field Professional-Geosteering, II
Job Ref No.: ST03/ESG/19
- Under general supervision, performs as a second-hand geosteering geologist by providing logging data analysis and geological interpretation resulting in modification of the well plan to make accurate and safe drilling recommendations to the customer for optimum placement of the well bore.
- Communicates recommendations internally and to Operator personnel to ensure that the objectives of geosteering optimization projects are met. Ensures the pre-well data is properly collected, documented, and accurately loaded into the geosteering software.
- Presents complete, detailed, accurate and professional reports to the customer as required, and maintains an updated standard well summary file during the well to assist in writing the end-of-well report.
- Assists with pre-well modeling and creation of the decision matrix for the realtime geosteering operations.
- Acts as a third-hand on more complicated and difficult geosteering projects by presenting interpretation results to be included in the final analysis by the geosteering team.
- Supports real time communication tools used to provide visualizations of available interpreted geological data to the customer.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering or other STEM degree and a minimum of 2.5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in oil and gas deep-water operation will be an added advantage for applicants.
17th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their CV and Application Letter clearly stating their position of interest to: WCEACorporatecommunication@Halliburton.com
- Your mail subject must indicate the “Job Title and the Reference Number” of the position you are applying for.
- The position is for experienced personnel only. Only candidates with the required level of experience for the position applied for will be considered.
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND