Field Specialist – Compressors
Job Number: 1926340
Job Number: 1926340
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Compressor Specialist is an individual who is competent in evaluating and solving performance issues on NP Compressors and could perform advanced repair on machine components.
- He is an individual who has a wide knowledge of one or more application processes and plant operation involving these machines.
- He / she is capable to act as a technical authority on behalf of the Company on decision-making and problems resolution on these machines.
- As a Compressor Specialist, you will represent Baker Hughes both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of Baker Hughes.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Steam Turbines, Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- To prepare field services jobs and interventions with the Service Managers.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and TPS Baker Hughes headquarters concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Baker Hughes safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Health, Safety & Environment HSE guidelines and procedures. The candidate will be responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all Baker Hughes TPS customers.
Qualifications / Requirements
- University degree/ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of hands-on experience on NP Compressors & their control systems.
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience with installation and maintenance programs for Baker Hughes Compressors sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Oil and gas industry and field service experience strongly preferred.
- In-depth experience on Minor and Major Inspections of NP BCLs, MCLs & AN200 Compressors inspections, MKV, MKVI & MKVIe Control Panels.
- In-depth knowledge of Bently Nevada 3500, Alen Bradley PLC5 & panel view, Siemens STEP5 & 7 & Contrologix, GE Fanuc 9030 & Rx3i, Cimplicity, Historian.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
- Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Location Port Harcourt, Rivers USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND