Finance & Accounting Coordinator
Field Job Grade: 6
Manager: Finance Mana ger
Field Office: Nigeria
Primary Function / Purpose
- The Finance and Accounting Coordinator under the supervision of the Finance Manager, will provide finance and accounting support to the IFES-Nigeria field finance office.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Verify accuracy of invoices and acceptance acts on contract provisions;
- Manage internal finance and accounting systems and processes in line with IFES’ internal operational guidance and policies;
- Prepare payment disbursement vouchers;
- Evaluate and optimize internal financial processes to support provision of services consistent with program needs and against organization requirements;
- Establish and maintain client relations with local banking officials and tax authorities in order to ensure that IFES is abreast of all compliance issues, as well as banking services offered;
- Compile and submit proper documents to the tax authorities in Nigeria;
- Ensure accurate and secure money handling procedures, including bank account(s);
- Coordinates and process banking transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- Assists in the preparation of Field Office Wire Transfer Request to be reviewed by Finance Manager before sending to Director of Finance & Administration for final approval;
- Prepare monthly financial reports and bi-weekly IFES Nigeria staff payroll;
- Assists in reviewing sub-grants financial reports to ensure compliance with terms of sub-grant and liaising with sub-grantee(s) where and when necessary;
- Assist in providing training as needed to sub-grantees on IFES sub-grants and donor funded financial regulations;
- Prepare and record month-end accruals and reversal of prepayments;
- Review and track advance payments to ensure advances are cleared on the same month of ccurrence;
- Track and reconcile withholding tax accounts for both vendors and IFES Nigeria staff and prepare payments to be made to the authorities;
- Review and maintain personnel files for timesheets and vacation information;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management / Accounting or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of Accounting & Finance.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skills;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Accounting Software, specifically QuickBooks;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Skills and Specifications:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision;
- Able to communicate well in written and verbal form;
- Ability to keep and maintain secrecy on all payroll related functions;
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning;
- Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organization;
- Ability to follow through on tasks;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness;
- Proficiency in English language required.
- Travel may be required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location LAGOS USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND