Finance and Administration Manager
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
- Cuso International, a Canadian development NGO, is implementing a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported project in Cross River and Benue States called Livelihood Enhancement in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River and Benue States – (B-LIVER) which aims to improve livelihoods, increase income generation and self-reliance through sustainable enterprise development for Cameroonian refugees and host community members in Cross River and Benue States.
- This will be achieved through the implementation of livelihood interventions covering vocational and technical trainings, setting up of farm hubs, entrepreneurship and business management, life skills and access to agricultural / livestock / fisheries production.
- Reporting to the Country Representative at the Cuso Nigeria office in Calabar, the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) provides accounting leadership within the Office and is responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of the organization’s financial accounting records.
- The FAM will also oversee the hiring of local staff and consultants; purchasing of office equipment, supplies and services.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cuso International policies;
- Contributing to the overall financial management of the Cuso International Nigeria Office by ensuring the security and accountability of the organization’s financial program;
- Reporting on the appropriate legal and regulatory obligations and requirements in Nigeria;
- Providing ongoing review and implementation of improvements to financial controls, systems and policies and procedures in the country office;
- Lead the effective development, management and monitoring of an annual department budget with timely and appropriate performance-to-budget analysis;
- Lead on preparation of donor financial reports to ensure full compliance with donor requirements;
- Providing Cuso International HQ with budget and financial reports and updates as required;
- Supporting the Refugee project team by overseeing expenditures in the project work plan budget.
- Overseeing the recruitment and supervision of key finance and administrative staff for the Office;
- Overseeing the processing and management of local consultants;
- Completing all administrative procedures with relevant state and national agencies for the registration and operation of the office in Nigeria (this may include finalize procedures with the National Planning Commission related to volunteer visa);
- Purchasing office equipment and services in compliance with Cuso International procurement policies;
- Ensure all financial and administrative matters relating to volunteers are processed effectively and in a timely manner and
- Undertaking specific additional responsibilities from time-to-time, as may be agreed upon with the Project Director.
- Supervising members of the finance and administration team, this position will ensure the ongoing maintenance of Cuso International’s general ledger, including the completion of monthly, quarterly and annual period end close procedures.
- Plan and manage the delivering of financial management information from Cuso Nigeria office to Cuso International’s HQ office, located in Ottawa, Canada.
- Maintaining grant compliance in line with donor contractual obligations and requirements
- Supervise, guide and advise a team of finance and admin staff (Finance Officers, Administrative Officer, Procurement Officer, Logistics and ICT Officer and Drivers); and
- Ensure compliance with organizational decisions, policies and procedures within the Finance and Administration Manager’s areas of responsibility.
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Accounting & Finance and/or Business Administration with acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience related to job requirements.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in a financial/accounting and administrative environment leading in a supervisory role;
- Minimum 5 years in grant management and compliance of major donors.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining general ledger and related accounting schedules through a full accounting cycle;
- Demonstrated experience in managing financial and cost accounting responsibilities in a project accounting environment;
- Integrity, honesty and a strong commitment to excellence;
- Ability to identify and frame situations and opportunities, and make appropriate decisions with minimal oversight;
- Process and detail orientated on all aspects of the organization’s finances and operations;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to relay finance information to non-financial users;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams both in the field and at Cuso International HQ;
- Ability to establish team and individual priorities and work towards specific objectives;
- Ability to travel locally as needed;
- Ability to work irregular hours occasionally, as needed.
- Recognized professional designation such as CPA, CMA, CGA or equivalent is preferred;
- Knowledge of Cuso International goals and approach to development work;
- Previous experience working with United Nations agency in a financial reporting capacity;
- Interest and/or knowledge of international development issues, including humanitarian issues; and
- Previous experience working in an international volunteer sending organization in Africa generally, and Nigeria specifically.
23rd February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Ogoja, Cross River NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND