Finance Controller Nigeria
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for ambitious Controller with growth potential
- Lumos Nigeria is looking for an ambitious Finance Controller. You will report to the Head of Finance and with a dotted line to the Global CFO.
- Your main tasks will be:
- Timely and correct reporting to management and other stakeholders.
- Provision of meaningful financial analysis on the results and balance sheet.
- Setting up and maintaining a world class internal control environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Weekly reporting to management.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to group exco, investors and other stakeholders, including financial closing process.
- Financial planning and analysis, including cash flow prognoses.
- Review of business models for new product and service offerings, including accounting analysis.
- Budgetary control and cost management, including initiatives to become more cost efficient.
- KPI review and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Reporting to all regulatory authorities.
- Set up and maintenance of internal control environment that ensures correct and timely reporting.
- Perform assessments of the effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Take over from other managers in the finance department when they are on leave and providing recommendations to management that will drive growth and results of the company.
An ideal candidate has the following profile:
- M.Sc / B.Sc / HND in Accountancy / Finance combined with ICAN, ACCA (equivalent) is preferred.
- At least 2 years experience as Controller managing a (small) team and a total of at least 6 years experience as finance professional.
- Pro-active and no nonsense
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Focused on developing him/herself and the team.
- Continuously striving for improvement and resilient.
- High business acumen.
- Delegates to the team when possible and hands-on when necessary.
- All round financial professional, with thorough understanding of IFRS and other statutory reporting requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with attention to detail, which be used to prepare meaningful reports and explanations to management on the results.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems.
- Excellent Excel/PowerPoint skills; experience with data and analytics tools is an added advantage.
- Big 4 experience is an added advantage.
- High integrity is a must, and
- The ideal candidate is ready to take the next step in his/her career in the new (renewable) energies.
- Lumos specifically invites both experienced Controllers as well as Controller talents to apply as the Company is a firm believer that excellence, commitment and maturity are not a function of age, but are a function of talent and drive to be successful.
What Working at Lumos Offers
We offer the following:
- At Lumos we find it important to develop our staff to be amongst the best people working in the
- Nigerian Solar Tech Eco-system
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- Amazing opportunities for career progression
- Health care benefits and pension
27th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter including their Motivation and Assessment of their suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The application process will include interviews and tests as applicable.
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND