Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- USAID has selected Palladium to implement the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.fi) award. DFI is a $180 million, 5-year project which will serve as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic PEPFAR countries. Data.fi is part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs that USAID has recently awarded and represents the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs. Data.fi will play a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their Journey to Self-Reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of USG funding.
- The overall goal of the Data.fi project is to improve global, regional and national in-depth analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic.
- The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to further enhance existing health information system platforms to inform management responses to well-defined gaps in HIV/AIDS programming. In order to ensure rapid access to high quality data, Data.fi will work towards: accelerating data utilization to rapidly course correct and take to scale cost-effective and impactful activities, models and approaches required to attain and maintain HIV epidemic control; scaling and optimizing in-country health information system capabilities to collect, exchange, adapt, govern, and visualize information in order to track the attainment and maintenance of HIV epidemic control; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners by 2020.
- The Finance Manager is a full-time position to support the local activities and oversee the Nigeria Data.Fi project finances through an office based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- This position is responsible for managing and directing the finance, accounting and financial administration and reporting of the project, including budget administration, accounting, banking and cash management and financial reporting.
- The position reports to the Chief of Party on a day-to-day basis with specific financial reporting to the Finance & Operations staff at Palladium’s US health practices area in Washington, DC.
- This position will also supervise the Finance & Admin Assistant located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Oversee day-to-day financial management and accounting for the projects; maintains and manage financial accounts in coordination with Director and the Palladium DC office;
- Assist in Establishing, maintaining, and updating organizational financial policies and procedures to guide the work of project staff and management;
- Prepare and track project budgets and budget projections; reviews expense reports, vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with established Palladium systems and the client’s rules and regulations;
- Work with the local COP, Activity Manager (AM) and Project Implementation Manager in Washington DC to develop annual budgets, projections, financial plans, costing estimates and monthly cash forecasting;
- Maintain regular communication with the senior management team at HQ by providing relevant and timely financial information for planning and decision making purposes;
- Ensure timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors;
- Work closely with Operations to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information;
- Oversee payments to vendors and contractors, consultants and other relevant parties and ensure that proper documentation is present; tracks all tax withholding information that is readily updated and available to project leadership;
- Ensure employees’ Travel Expense Reports (TERs) and Travel Advances (TAs) are submitted on time and reconciled properly;
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepares and submit monthly financial reports as directed by Director in timely manner; and supporting documents are filed appropriately in hard and soft copies.
- Maintain and oversee internal controls; prepares estimates of monthly cash requirements for HQ; coordinate with the Project Delivery Manager from Palladium DC; manage project bank account, reconciles monthly accounts and bank statements; submits receipts and invoices;
- Participate in regular meetings (phone or Skype) with Washington DC Program & Operations staff to discuss financial items;
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and project charge code(s).
- When applicable, assist with an internal or external audit activity
- Establish processes and systems to manage, disburse and oversee small grants, as required.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed
- A Bachelor’s Degree (minimum), or a master’s Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant field.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics).
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Proven experience in managing expenditure within budget.
Applications Closing Date
20th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND