Finance Officer – Disbursements _AfCFTA
Requisition ID: 1101
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Senior Disbursement Officer
Division: Accounting, Budget and Financial Management
Number of Indirect Reports: 4
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide technical support managing and processing payments in accordance with African Union Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Research and recommend new developments on areas of improvement in budget matters and policies
- Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AfCFTA’s internal use.
- Assist in the following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
- Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
- Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
- Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships
- Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
- Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate SAP ERP payment runs and be subject matter expert in the Financial Management Unit;
- Ensure that all vendors (corporate and staff) data and bank details are accurately and completely updated in SAP;
- Reconcile transactions paid through a run to actual transfers made to the bank and submit the report to the relevant authority;
- Provide support in ensuring that there is the provision of professional services to vendors/suppliers in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that financial systems and controls in place within the office are adequate and operate all the time;
- Provide support in maintaining and updating all the financial documents and ensure confidentiality of the financial information;
- Post/release parked transactions in SAP ERP and release the payment vouchers;
- Maintains the SAP exchange rate table in SAP ERP on the first day of each month;
- Support the audit process and all other related assignments by ensuring data veracity for all transactions posted and vendor records maintained;
- Respond to internal/external audit observations and implement successfully audit recommendation;
- Process salaries after Payroll is run by Payroll Unit;
- Process all payments (15 Series) in SAP after posting of 10 or 19 series;
- Process all payments from Travel (Tickets) and P&P from procurement and down payment to vendor;
- Perform Payment Run process in SAP to generate disbursement of funds;
- Systemic verification and processing of MM invoices and FI documents on timely basis;
- Ensure that all payments are authorized and legitimate supporting documentation are provided;
- Coordinate SAP enhancement projects under the Financial Management Unit of Directorate of Finance;
- Manage and improve the procedures and controls in relation to the timely processing of all payments;
- Monitor, analyze, and manage open items; monitors and reports status of open items to supervisor
- Supervise Assistant Accountants in the Financial Management Unit;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field with 5 years of relevant work experience in a national or international organization. or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a national or international organization.
- Experience with financial systems/finance module of enterprise resource planning (ERP) such as SAP or similar ERP is required.
- Hands-on experience in establishing financial management function in an international organization is highly desirable;
- Advance knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Able to successfully manage ambiguity
- Able to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight.
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Accountable and Complies with Rules.
- Learning Orientation..
- Communicating with Influence.
- Functional Competencies
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Job Knowledge and information sharing.
- Drive for result.
- Continuous improvement focus.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
9th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Accra, Ghana USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND