Location: Northern, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Exciting growth opportunity exist for Public Health Professionals at the Program Management Unit (PMU) of the National Tuberculosis & Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) for implementation of the Global Fund’s grant and interventions in Nigeria
- As part of the PMU, you will be a change agent and a strategic enabler applying your expertise to manage a project that impacts millions of lives while helping to put an end to Tuberculosis in Nigeria.
- Assists the State Offices/Sub-Recipients to implement financial systems for monitoring the grants including grant compliance, expenditure tracking and cashflow management, timely and accurate disbursement requests and retirements, and timely reporting.
- Undertakes regular financial verification visits to the zones and states to confirm the adequacy of supporting documentation, and the adherence to the set policies guidelines.
- Prepare payment vouchers for procurements and other payments/ activities, including processing advances for state-based activities, following the appropriate approvals.
- Verify sub-recipient reports and balances including cash and bank, fixed assets and stock balances, where applicable.
- On a day-to-day basis, provide advice to state office staff and sub-recipients on relevant budgetary issues and establish the reasons for any significant variances between actual and budgeted expenditure.
- Ensure that all pertinent transactions including statutory deductions are recorded in the General Ledger in a timely manner and supporting documentation appropriately filed.
- Provide auditors and other reviewers with relevant input/ information and any other required assistance to ensure that the reviews run smoothly.
- Implement audit recommendations and provide regular progress updates to the Senior Finance Officers.
- Maintain a register to track taxes incurred on payments made.
- Support trainings, meetings and other field activities, where required.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Finance & Admin Manager and/or Senior Finance Officer that can reasonably be expected of a finance officer, but not necessarily specified above.
- HND/B.Sc in Accountancy/Finance or related discipline.
- Professional Certification (ACA or ACCA) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ financial / grants management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with donor funded grants. Specific experience in the Health sector and with Global Fund grants is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Financial Regulation and Tax Laws.
7th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applications must be completed and duly acknowledged via mail as this validates success of submission.
- Location Nigeria, Northern Nigeria USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND