Financial Advisory Analyst / Associate
Department: Investment Banking
- Responsible for supporting the team in executing mergers and acquisitions and restructuring transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate and analyze relevant financial and non-financial information from clients and various sources to support a potential or ongoing transaction
- Identify and determine feasibility of possible mergers and acquisitions, privatization projects and contribute to negotiations
- Prepare and / or analyze business plans and articulate clients’ business objectives for the purpose of presenting in the context of buy-side or sell-side discussions with counter-parties.
- Prepare advanced financial models in the context of M&As, leveraged buy-outs, restructurings, recapitalizations and independent valuation opinions.
- Conduct detailed financial and commercial due diligence to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalization transactions
- Conduct detailed and complex valuation exercises to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalizations
- Manage individual work streams within the context of large multi-faceted transaction
- Prepare confidential information memorandums, management / investor presentations, technical bids, post-acquisition plans and other presentations as applicable
- Manage / coordinate virtual and physical data room due diligence exercises in conjunction with other members of the team and working closely with external advisers
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various industries and consistently monitor local and international economies
- Build and maintain client base, keeping current client plans up to date and engaging new clients on ongoing basis.
- Prepare, analyze and explain financial information of a given company and related companies within the respective industry
- Conduct relevant industry research and update database accordingly
- Participate in the management and development of the department by carrying out marketing and proposal efforts.
- Manage and supervise financial advisory analysts in the execution of the above responsibilities.
Education / Professional Qualification:
- Minimum of a University Degree (Second Class Upper division)
- Master’s Degree and/or Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) will be an added advantage.
- About 5 years of core investment banking and financial advisory experience in a leading investment bank
- Experience with an international investment bank will be an added advantage
- Experience in Oil & Gas and/or Power sector will be an advantaged client database ensuring that clients are updated on products, information, and investment opportunities.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Advanced business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong research and learning skills
- Good knowledge of financial reporting, taxation and applied Corporate Finance techniques.
- Good appreciation of major industry and regulatory trends and challenges
- Entrepreneurial skills, creativity and people management skills
- Strong analytical abilities, self-confidence, persistence, initiative and persuasiveness.
- Quality of work: financial models, management presentations and information memorandums among others
- Timeliness in meeting client requests/turnaround time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA