Food Security Assistant
Location: Mafa and Kukawa, Borno in State.
Employment Type: Full‐time
Starting date: 1st January, 2021
Duration of contract: 1 year
Reporting to: Field Coordinator
Slot: 2 Openings
General Context of the Job/Project
The overall aim of the position is to assist the food security officer, coordinate and manage a timely and effective food security in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements:
• To support the implementation of GFD/CBS Project by assisting the food security officer in
undertaking programme activities (community mobilization, verification, registration, food
distribution, monitoring and evaluation).
• The role also includes assisting the food security officer in planning and coordination of
distribution activities, food distribution planning and reporting.
• Adhere to IDS policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines, policies and procedures
• Assist in all the beneficiary identification, registration, verification and distribution of food.
• Supervise casual labourers directly involved in food distribution
• Conduct training and sensitisation activities related to food distributions and nutrition.
• Assist in Planning, supervising and monitoring training, awareness and sensitisation activities,
including maintenance and verification of all supporting documentation and activities (e.g. pre‐
• Assist in maintaining records of all activities, in order to complete timely reports for donors.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor all food distribution‐related activities, including screening,
referrals and follow up.
• Promote the rights of displaced people and affected populations, explore and assess new and
better ways to provide timely, effective and appropriate assistance.
• Assist in gap analysis, needs assessment, conducting registration, receiving commodities and
distributing to beneficiaries in locations adversely affected by the conflict.
• Perform any other duty assigned by the Food Security Field Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completion of University Degree in Nutrition, Humanities, Health or another relevant degree
• Minimum one year of experience in NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field
level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
• Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection,
distribution or registration.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and team‐playing skills.
• Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
• Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment.
• Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
• 2 years proven professional experience working with NGO at a relevant position e.g enumerator,
monitor, field and community worker.
• Experience working for NGOs and/ or in Camp, setting is necessary.
• Experience Working in Northeast Nigeria is necessary
• Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
• Written and spoken fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri or additional fluency in other local
languages an added advantage.
• Ability and Willingness to follow instructions.
30 November 2020 by 5pm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Note: All applications must be titled with your name, surname, location and position. e.g. John Smith – Abuja – Clerical officer.
- Location Mafa and Kukawa, Borno, Borno NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND