The Context of the Role
- The Gender team is Girl Effect’s technical function that integrates gender expertise into Girl Effect’s unique approach to programming for social and behavioural change for girls.
- Girl Effect is looking for a Gender Coordinator to collaborate with the global gender team to support our global programmes such as Springster and TEGA, as well as our brand Tujibebe in Tanzania and Yegna in Ethiopia.
- The Gender Coordinator will also ensure that Girl Effect remains up to date on the latest thinking, developments and evidence in the field of gender and support colleagues to mainstream best practice throughout the organisation.
- This role will be based in one of the countries in which we work; London, Nigeria, Malawi, India, Rwanda, Tanzania or Ethiopia.
- This role is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Provide support to Girl Effect brands such as Springster, Yegna and Tujibebe, to ensure programming is girl-centred, holistic and relevant, including literature reviews, content development and where applicable partnership support. Technical support may also be provided to other Girl Effect brands as required.
- Provide gender technical expertise to the global and Tanzania TEGA teams to ensure girl-centred design and gender considerations are mainstreamed across TEGA research methodologies, tool development and data analysis.
- Spearhead global gender mainstreaming and internal learning by ensuring learning huddles, lunchtime discussions and trainings are delivered across the organisation.
- Coordinate a vibrant internal global gender network. This may include organising regular team meetings (in person and remotely), sharing key resources and supporting the Global Gender Director in ensuring the team remains connected with each other for learning, support and coherence of approach.
- Keep up to date with trends on girls’ rights, gender equality and social and behaviour change for girls within the sector, and where appropriate, position Girl Effect as a thought leader by promoting results and learning with key actors and organisations.
- Where applicable, support Girl Effect’s Global Safeguarding Team to implement safeguarding policies and procedures within our digital products and platforms, including capacity building partners and daily support to online moderators.
Skills and Experience
- Degree or relevant experience in Gender, Human Rights, Development or Social Sciences or similar field.
- Interest in working in a developing country context.
- Strong communication, writing and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to remain flexible and find solutions to challenges.
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively in multicultural teams.
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
Wednesday, 16th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organizational values at the interview stage.
- The successful candidate will be expected to adhere to our safeguarding policy.
- We encourage candidates to read and understand our safeguarding policy, the executive summary of which can be found here.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
- Girl Effect is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all.
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND