Gender Integration Assistant
cLocation: Lokoja, Kogi
- Provide technical assistance to health facilities to ensure provision and documentation of post-gender based violence care in line with the PEPFAR/WHO minimum package.
- Facilitate needs-based capacity building activities for gender champions both at facility and community levels on gender integration including first-line support and the implementation of a clinical pathway for the treatment of sexual assault survivors
- Work with health facilities and CBOs to establish and strengthen referral mechanism and linkages between clinical and non-clinical post GBV care service provision; Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of GBV data and program performance, sharing reports on progress on a monthly basis Provide regular supportive supervision to supported health facilities/CBOs to ensure the achievement of expected results; Document successes and lessons learnt that highlight the Project gender integration/equality programming Assist in the development of tools, frameworks and resources to enable better gender integration in the project.
- Ensure real-time updates of approved training on the training database, Ensure the training participant grid for all participants are updated per training, Collate training reports and ensure electronic versions are appropriately filed and shared with the CO team.
- Residents of the Locations stated and environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- University Degree (or Higher) in Social Sciences (i.e. Sociology, Psychology), Public Health, Child Health, International Development, or in an area relevant to Gender, Health, and HIV/AIDs.
- At least 2 years post NYSC work experience including at least 2 years implementing gender-based interventions in a similar setting
- Experience in implementing gender services in the context of HIV and knowledge of CDC minimum package of services for gender-based violence survivors; Demonstrated ability to ensure gender integration in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Evidence of capacity to support the implementation of gender norms re-orientation and links with HIV/ AIDS
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, writing and oral communication and facilitation skills Team playing qualities/experience
- Sensitivity to cultures and social systems, and genuine interest in capacity building responses to development issues.
- Ability to navigate culturally sensitive terrain and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders.
18th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. COM01 Abuja, JOHN BULL”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as an application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- For this position, residents of the Location stated and environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.
- Location Lokoja, Kogi NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND