Job No.: 200007A9
Team / Programme: Finance
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Staff Directly Reporting to this Post: None
Technical Responsibility: None
Budget Responsibility: None
Employee Status: Permanent
- Level 2: Either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
- The Finance Assistant has a responsibility to support Payments, receipts and disbursement of funds. He/she will provide support to the finance unit.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Writing of Cheques as approved by relevant budget holders
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments in and out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Upload Bank transfers online on OMNI platform
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance Coordinator
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Coordinator for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Participate in due diligence process
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Internal: Finance Staff/Program Staff/Support Staff/Signatories
- External: Vendors/Consultants
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, HND or its equivalent.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
Competences And Behaviours (Our Values In Practice):
- Delivering results – Applying technical and professional expertise – Working effectively with others – Communicating with impact
- Adhere to SCI Values: Accountability; Ambition; Collaboration; Creativity; Integrity
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
9th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location lagos, lagos, lagos NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND