Location: Magumeri LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The post will be responsible for the implementation of WFP funded General Food Distribution focusing on IDPs and vulnerable host communities.
- Ensuring equitable distribution, monitoring and mobilisation of the community to encourage their participation in the distribution activities.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Conduct sensitizations, providing key messages related to the programme objectives, organization of distributions, targeting and eligibility criteria.
- Supervising the Community Mobilisers and volunteers in support of the distribution process and in charge of crowd control.
- Conduct registration of beneficiaries as needed and verification of beneficiaries at distribution point.
- Support the Field Officer with organizing the distribution point to respond to protection and accountability to affected populations criteria.
- Conduct distribution of in-kind food assistance to the entitled beneficiaries.
- Support the Field Officer with commodity tracking and reporting.
- Collect complaints and feedback from the beneficiaries and the communities.
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Field Officers or the Project Manager.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by RRI
- Minimum education: Diploma in Agriculture and any other related field of study
- Prior experience in Humanitarian or International Development programming with at least 1 year of field experience working with beneficiaries, preferably on distribution projects
- Understanding of distribution best-practices
- Ability to collect and record data documenting distribution details especially as relates to commodity quantities and numbers of beneficiaries
- Good communication skills with the rural community members, local and traditional leaders, good planning, reporting functions.
- Understanding of basic anti-fraud practices
- Experience working in a conflict setting
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous experience in WFP, USDA or USAID / FFP programmes
- Experience in community mobilization and group organizational skills
- Understanding of basic GFD concepts
- Competence in Microsoft Office application
30 June, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the email email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail.
Submit a hard copy at RRI Office Magumeri LGA, Borno State
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location , Maiduguri, Borno, Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND