Job Ref Code:GMR9419
Reports to: Chief of Party
- The Grant Manager is responsible for overall budget monitoring and compliance oversight of the Global Fund malaria grant and all related sub-grants/sub-contracts.
- S/he oversees the design and implementation of strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting procedures/policies to minimise/manage risks associated with grant implementation, safeguard Global Fund’s resources, achieve consistent compliance with Global Fund grant agreement, approved workplan/budget, Global Fund policies and guidelines, as well as CRS’ policies and procedures.
- S/he coordinates assessments and the identification of needs for support in compliance, budgeting and financial management and their implementation as well as actively works with the sub-recipient (SR) on their grant management capacity.
- In coordination with the program team and CRS Nigeria and HQ finance and compliance teams, s/he develops and implements the strategy to prevent or reduce compliance-related liabilities and risks.
- The scope of work covers all aspects of financial and grant management of the Global Fund Malaria grant implemented by CRS in Nigeria.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Grants Management and Budgeting:
- In coordination with the Chief of Party, ensure that all SR, partner and service provider agreements and amendments are well prepared, grant files are updated/maintained on Gateway, key grant documents are shared with the Nigeria and HQ finance teams, and that the GFSU reviews all relevant agreements and amendments
- Ensure that donor required reports are prepared accurately and disseminated within the due dates; coordinate financial reporting with the CRS/Nigeria and HQ finance teams. This includes ensuring that reports (e.g. PU/DRs, AFRs, etc.) are discussed collectively with the different functions (program management, PSM, M&E, finance) to ensure quality analysis of the issues and identification of appropriate solutions, ensuring that this is captured in the report and carrying out accuracy and quality checks before submission to the Global Fund.
- Review all management letters and ensure that all issues raised are resolved expeditiously in collaboration with the Global Fund Program Manager and Team (Global Fund).
- Lead the identification of budget and compliance needs and oversee the implementation of trainings on budgeting and compliance with all relevant Global Fund malaria program staff and the SR(s) under the grant.
- Proactively track budget spending against the budget and provide recommendations to the Chief of Party on needed actions
- Ensure that all program activities are compliant with both CRS and Global Fund policies, procedures and regulations
- Serve as the principal point of contact on grant management and compliance issues with CRS Nigeria and HQ Finance and Compliance staff, the LFA and Global Fund program staff
- Ensure project documents and financial records are maintained and readily available for internal/external audits and reviews
SR Financial Assessments, Monitoring and Support:
- Lead implementation of CRS’ sub-recipient financial management policy for the Global Fund malaria program; ensure that staff understand and are correctly implementing the policy
- Ensure that the Global Fund malaria program has in place and adheres to a schedule of planned SR monitoring visits; the basis for the selection, timing and frequency of its monitoring visits should be properly documented
- Ensure that assessments and monitoring visits are being carried out in accordance with CRS policies about timeliness, comprehensiveness, professionalism and documentation
- If needed, ensure that corrective action plans are prepared within sixty calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit, and that program staff are supporting the SR to address the identified issues within agreed timelines.
- Ensure financial and programming staff participate in the financial monitoring of the SR (including site visits); trip reports must indicate the monitoring steps performed, the processes reviewed, and the result of the testing and reviews
- Review and analyses assessment, monitoring, trip reports and monthly updates on a timely manner and to inform follow-up actions
- Lead, direct, mentor and coach a team of finance and grants compliance staff to meet GF program objectives
- Take the lead in setting annual Global Fund malaria program finance and compliance targets and ensure that specific tasks are built in staff performance plans
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with CRS’ performance management system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork
- Lead the identification of performance gaps and needs of program, SR and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality support and technical assistance to program staff, SRs and states
Qualifications and Skills
- ICAN or equivalent professional qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA) strongly recommended
- Master’s Degree in Administration, Accounting or Finance, Organizational Development, Management or another relevant field
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in non-profit Accounting and grant management, preferably with an International Organization, with at least 6 years’ experience at the management level.
- Must be a, self-motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative
- Good understanding of Global Fund policies and guidelines is required
- Thorough knowledge of best practices in capacity strengthening with prior experience of integrating this with programming; experience in curriculum design and development.
- Excellent experience in budgeting and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through participatory adult learning, mentoring, distance education, and other formal and non-formal methods; experience in the design of and delivery of training workshops
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, demonstrating diplomacy and tact
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially), experience with SunSystems, Adaptive Planning, Salesforce and JD Edwards software a plus
- Must be flexible and can work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 50%
5:00pm; 17th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application to: email@example.com
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month