Job Status: Start Date TBA; Full-time, 1 year contract renewable up to 2 Years
Supervisor: Finance and Grants Manager
Travel: Approved by management
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and MEDA are supporting 16,000 women and youth entrepreneurs and small-scale businesses to improve their business performance in the agricultural sector in Bauchi State, while also increasing the awareness and capacity to address issues of early and forced child marriage with 25,000 community and family members
- For the next two years, the project will focus on agro-processing of rice, soybean and peanuts to ensure value added activities benefit small-scale businesses (SSBs) and entrepreneurs (ENs) in Banchi State.
- The Grants Coordinator is to support the Finance and Grants Manager in the planning, implementation and evaluation of grants and sub-grants to Key Facilitating Partners (KFPs), Lead Firms, Small Scale Businesses and Consultants of MEDA’s Nigeria WAY Project
- S/he will serve as the secretary for the grants committee (responsible for selection of candidates) and identify areas of capacity building of grantees for effective use of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the grants manual which details procedures and processes including url links to updated templates using the contracting process
- Manage, monitor and reporting on granting agreements and portfolios and their flow through Client Relationship Management software, updating it regularly
- Facilitate grant management, budget reporting and monitoring of grants, and other activities related to compliance for contracts
- Support in regular review of partners’ record keeping processes to ensure that all expenses claimed to the project are accurately documented according to the financial policies of MEDA and GAC.
- Support timely release of funds to KFPs for effective and smooth execution of project activities by grantees
- Support the Finance Manager and the technical staff to ensure compliance to the financial policy and best practice are followed in a timely manner of grants to project partisers
- Analysis and evaluation of proposed work-plans and budgets submitted by partners to ensure adherence to the contract terms, and (GAC and MEDA grants management policies and regulations
- Support the Finance Manager to identify capacity building needs of KFPs / LFs in grant management and transfer the knowledge to them appropriately and timely
- Support in regular review of partners’ record keeping processes to ensure that capacity building goals are being met
- Collate quarterly financial reports of grants component and submit to the Finance Manager for consolidation into the financial reports of MEDA
- Assist the Finance Manager to ensure that the general accounting functions are completed on a timely basis
- Support the Finance Manager to ensure that MEDA’s program adheres to Government of Nigeria’s laws, including financial reporting, tax, labor and proper registration with all relevant authorities as required
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Finance and Grants Manager.
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting, finance and sub-grant management with international projects
- Strong grants management, financial and audit experience as a Grants Manager
- Strong digital skills in Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Excel, etc., and experience with CRM database software
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s values, mission and purpose.
31st January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter (As one attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Bauchi, Bauchi, Bauchi NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND