Grants Manager – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus ( NEI+)
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Grants Manager will be responsible for oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with NGOs grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Grants Manager will supervise the Grants Officer and report the Senior Finance Specialist.
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulation sand the projects Grants Manual;
- Develop solicitations, coordinate the evaluation of applications, award grants, monitor and report on financial activities as appropriate;
- Monitor grantee to ensure compliance with USAID regulations;
- Assist large NGOs to convey grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to their local affiliates as necessary;
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring that they are always up-to-date
- Coordinate and support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits;
- Conduct educational and training workshops on proposal preparation and/or financial monitoring, as necessary;
- Responsible for maintaining files in Creative’s online grants administration database;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional Accounting/Financial qualification is required;
- Minimum 3 years experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and 4 years of general work experience is required;
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledgeable about USAID rules and regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND