Head of Third-party Logistics (3PL)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Third-Party Logistics (3PL) will ensure on time delivery and pickups through 3rd Party Logistics providers as per agreed Service levels.
- You will also be managing 3rd party Logistics providers as required by and demand of delivery and pick up of Jumia shipments.
- Formulate a set of SLAs and Processes for the 3rd Party Logistics providers as per the requirement and load from time to time.
- Managing 3rd party Logistics providers as per SLAs
- Managing cost of delivery through 3PL vendors
- Partner with 3PL vendors to identify and resolve issues in their delivery processes to ensure best performance for Jumia deliveries.
- Structure and conduct analysis on 3PL performance data available to monitor and track performance.
- Monitoring the performance of all 3rd party service providers on processes related to customer experience in SCM like timely delivery, completion of data entry to ensure data availability as agreed, return pick up and any process related to a customer’s experience.
- Manage 3PL vendor portfolio by:
- Constantly monitoring and evaluating vendor performance relative to each other to decide volumes and coverage areas given to each vendor.
- Constantly keep new service providers in the pipeline to enhance the benchmark of services to customer.
- Regular audit of data on deliveries and return pickups.
- Mitigate any likely risks in SCM Processes / Practices and Customer Experience.
- Regular and consistent feedback activities / mechanisms to ascertain the services levels of 3rd Party Logistics providers and encourage improvements.
- Reiterate on Values of Jumia at all levels.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience (an MBA will be a plus)
- 8+ years’ experience in Logistics managing 3rd party logistics partners.
- Strong analytical skills, managing and tracking KPI dashboards.
- Customer Service/Account Management
- Should have experience in SCM in online or offline retail formats / FMCG companies.
- Should have experience in vendor management and have handled teams.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND