Location: Bade, Yobe, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Health Officer who will support the implementation and management of planned health activities.
- Update and maintain 5W/4W mapping (Health, and Nutrition sector) tool on a regular basis for the operational LGA; and share with the Sector Health Manager.
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition; collect health facility based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate in conducting SMART/Rapid SMART surveys with technical support from Deputy HN Manager/Sector Manager.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for Nutrition KAP surveys; Baseline and End line Surveys.
- Liaise with Community Mobilization Officers/Assistants and HSS officers for accessing community care group database; health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities.
- Conduct periodic capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, Reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs.
- Regular monitoring and supervision of facility based health service delivery to ensure that services are provided with recommended national technical standards.
- Develop LGA work plan with specific roles and responsibilities for each of the field staff.
- Identify financial requirements, logistic needs, HR support in reference to work plan and inform the NHSM to prepare budget forecast.
- Review financial, logistical and HR needs on a monthly & quarterly basis and share with the NHSM.
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to delivery uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, informing line manager on regular basis.
- Systematic capacity building of SMOH staff on health service delivery (IMCI, COVID,19, Ante Natal & Post Natal Care, Delivery services).
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery and Public Health
- Previous INGO experience is highly required.
- minimum of 3 years of work experience and one year experience in managing similar activities with an INGO
- Fluent English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Ability to analyse and synthesize information
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 260, 244 per month
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Location Borno, Borno, Borno
- Salary ₦ 200,000 - 300,000 NGN 200000-300000 Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND