HH. Handyman – Generator Operator
SVN No.: CFCV2021.44
Location: Bama, Borno
Organizational Unit: Humanitarian Hub
IOM Classification: Hourly
Type of Appointment: Special Short–TermHourly Contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Under the overall supervision of the Humanitarian Hubs Project Coordinator and Humanitarian Hub Management staff, and with direct supervision of the Field Hub Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operation and management of the Generator in Bama field humanitarian hub accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures.
He or She will:
- Daily inspect the condition of the generator units to ensure that the units have the proper volume of lubricants, water, radiator coolant and fuel before turning them on.
- Inspect the quality of fuel before loading it to the fuel tank of the generators. Ensure that the fuel used in the generator units are free from water and other impurities that will be harmful to the engine of the generators
- Record all the maintenance works done on the generator in the generator logbook
- Regularly service (e.g., change oil and oil filters, clean or replace air filters, clean,or replace fuel filters) the generators. Regularly clean the engine, alternator, radiator,and canopy according the generator maintenance schedule. Report any observed problems or inconsistencies in the performance of the generators to the Hub Manager
- Take daily reading of the generator and fuel tank statistics. For the generator, read and keep a log of the starting hour–meter reading, starting fuel volume, volume of fuel put into the day–tank of the generator during the day, end of the day hour–meter reading. For the fuel tank, read and record the start of the day volume of fuel in both tanks, record all volume of fuel put into the day tanks of the generators and the end of the day reading of the fuel tanks.
- Prepare and submit the weekly fuel consumption report to the Operations Assistant and Maintenance Assistant
- Install power generators. Ensure that the load of the generators is properly balanced
- Install in compliance to local electrical codes and safety/quality standards of the humanitarian hub, electrical connections and equipment needed to support the hub’s operational needs. Update the schedule of loads of the hub once the installation is completed
- Regularly check the electrical equipment installed in the hub such as but not limited to air conditioning units, water pumps, water heater/boilers, stove burners, etc., replace worn out equipment and/or components including busted lamps/lights to ensure the safety of the of the facility
- Install and maintain air–conditioning units in the hub
- Always work with the Handyman in updating the actual electrical load/plan and inventory of load of the hub. Perform other duties as required/assigned by the maintenance supervisor
- Any other task not listed above when requested by the supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Education (minimum requirement)
- Any additional Certificate in relevant field will be an advantage.
- Professional experience maintaining and servicing of generators
- Experience in the usage of variety of tools
- Experience in health and safety regulations
- Fluency in English and Hausa / Kanuri
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules and standards of conduct.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge,and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring,and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa,and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
26th May, 2021.
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to: “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line CFCV2021.44.(HH. Handyman-Generator Operator) Bama.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculumvitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants who are Indigenes of Bama.
- Location Bama, Borno NGN Month