HIV Integrated Care and Support Advisor
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- S / he coordinates the development and implementation of technical program activities for community-based HIV Prevention, Care and Support through the provision of technical guidance to ICHSSA 4 technical teams, partner CSOs, Case managers and Community volunteers.
- S / he will collaborate closely with the ICHSSA 4 team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community-based response to HIV / AIDS and TB towards scaling up access to HIV prevention, care and treatment support.
- The HIV Care and Support Advisor will be responsible for working closely with the ICHSSA 4 technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program – focusing primarily on HIV Prevention, Care and Support, but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition.
- S / he will lead the planning and capacity strengthening efforts while putting in place operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
- S/he will provide technical and programmatic leadership primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, care and support for project community members including ICHSSA 4 beneficiaries.
- S/he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community-based activities and health facilities providing HIV diagnosis, care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- S / he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs, CTBC case managers and community volunteers in the area of community HIV prevention awareness creation; community mobilization for HIV counseling and testing, PMTCT Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- M.Sc or MPH with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in implementing community HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting community HIV Prevention, Care and Support prevention, case detection and treatment support programs in health facilities and community outreaches
- Experience in contributing to project design and proposal development in the HIV / TB / Health sector for USAID / PEPFAR programs.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and reporting HIV Prevention, Care and Support activities
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Prevention, Care and Support guidelines and experience working with the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
- Familiarity with OVC and community HIV Prevention, Care and Support programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
21st January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Important Information / Notice
- The above job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Pro-Health International is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Location Bauchi, Bauchi, Bauchi NGN Month