Location: Sabon-Lugbe, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- You are to work with direct reports to Managing Director, to develop and implement the operations strategy and ensuring implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
- The position requires ensuring operation meet the brand’s target customer needs, ensuring employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes financial performance.
- As a manager, you are to develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.
The role involves:
Managing Profitability and Departmental Budgets:
- Keep operations team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Ensure that all operational areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Review financial reports and statements to determine how Operations is performing against budget.
- Ensure capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the service strategy.
- Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establishing ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
- Strive to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction. Identify and analyse operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Coach and support operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Review the Wage Progress Report and compare budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching, direct reports to address problem areas and hold team accountable for results.
- Develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Make and execute key decisions to keep property moving forward towards achievement of goals.
Managing Property Operations:
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Communicate a clear and consistent message regarding operational goals to produce desired results on a continuous basis.
- Ensure brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Ensure core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the desired results.
- Tour building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
Leading Property Operations Teams:
- Establish a vision for product and service delivery on property.
- Champion the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensuring alignment amongst the property leadership team.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Observe service behaviours of employees and provide feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Hire operations management team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilize an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Stay knowledgeable of leadership talent in the property.
- Foster employee commitment to providing excellent service, participating in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviours in all interactions with guests and employees.
Candidate Profile Education and Experience
- HND in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major with 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- OR 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major with 5 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- Proven track record in delivering excellent guest experiences.
- Strong leadership, management, and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of hotel software and booking systems
- Should reside in Kuje or Sabon-Lugbe areas (proximity to work is highly desired)
30th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV with full Personal Information and Cover Letter (both in PDF Format) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Sabon-Lugbe, Abuja (FCT)
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND