Location: Sabon-Lugbe, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry.
- Direct and work with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained.
- Complete inspections and hold people accountable for corrective action.
- Provide assistance in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
- Ensure guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
- Supervise the property general cleaning schedule.
- Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervise daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Assist in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Support and supervise an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Communicate areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Ensure all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Understand the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Respond to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Assist staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Ensure colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensure property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Observe service behaviours of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Use all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Participate in the employee performance appraisal process and providing feedback as needed.
- Support a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- SSCE or NCE with 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- HND or University Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
- Proven experience as a Cleaner or Housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- Must reside in Kuje or Sabon-Lugbe areas (proximity to work is highly desired).
30th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV with full Personal Information and Cover Letter (both in PDF Format) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Sabon-Lugbe, Abuja (FCT)
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification SSCE