Human Resources & Administration Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Implement HR strategies, policies & procedures by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, learning & development, records management, succession planning, employee & industrial relations and retention.
Recruitment, Selection & Onboarding:
- Work with relevant function heads on recruitment planning.
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Lead all the organization’ recruitment, including the recruitment of all Drivers for our Driver Resourcing unit.
- Re-examine and redefine selection criteria and tools
- Work with our Driver screening team to conduct test driving, training and onboarding
- Source potential candidates through relevant online channels
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates, to enable a strong talent pipeline; Develops a pool of qualified candidates in advance for roles where needed.
- Draft employment contracts for assigned levels
- Track recruitment statistics and generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for assigned roles
- Fills open positions efficiently and effectively.
- Work with our background checks expert to perform reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Follows the SOP on recruitment process
- Ensures that Authority to Recruit Form (ATR) is approved and/or Position Description is attached to ATR
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labour laws.
- Manage Driver timesheets as applicable, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Maintain health insurance & pension schemes
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation – ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
Payroll and Budget:
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Advise Country Director on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparat3ion.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Work with finance to manage all aspects of local payroll, including regularly ensuring compliance with local labor laws and tax regulations
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the office.
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable.
- Supervise general office maintenance and facilities
- Supervise the store and monitor stock taking/keeping responsibilities
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Develop Learning & Development calendar, as well as skills matrix per Function.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues effectively.
- Investigate employee relations issues (on-site and offsite) & work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
- 1st Degree in human resources or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years experience in the field of human resources and Admin
- Must be familiar with specific Labour laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal English and local language skills.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
N100,000 – N120,000 Monthly.
30th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume & Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Ikeja,Lagos
- Salary ₦ 100,000 - 150,000 USD 100000-150000 Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND