Humanitarian Affairs Officer / HNO / HRP Expert
Job Opening Number: 22-Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs-190370-Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Expected duration: Three (3) months
Result of Service
- Documents for JIAF during the HPC process
- Strategic objectives position papers
- Global Humanitarian Overview report submitted on 2nd of November
- HNO document published on 15 November 2022
- HRP document completed on 15 December 2022.
- Response monitoring framework ready for use.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Humanitarian Affairs Consultant (Consultant) will be under the guidance and supervision, and reports directly, to the Head of Office.
- The Consultant provides substantive contributions and technical expertise in all main work streams of the Humanitarian Programme Cycle
- Lead the HPC process.
- Guide the country team and sectors on the Joint Intersectoral Analysis Framework (JIAF).
- Ensure the quality control of the HNO and HRP including timely and periodic consultation with the humanitarian community at operational and strategic level, relevant government partners, and humanitarian leadership in-country.
- Shaping the strategic objectives for the two-year strategy, summary position papers on strategic objectives and specific objectives.
- Organise and lead all HPC workshops on pertinent topics as guided by HQ.
- Draft and edit the HNO and the HRP and serve as the HNO and HRP penholder.
- Ensure timely submission of relevant inputs for the GHO to HQ, and timely completion of the HNO and HRP for launch in Nigeria for 2023.
- The Consultant leads the process of the HPC activities, leading consultations with government line ministries, INGO, and national NGO partners.
- The Consultant will also be responsible for managing the whole process with the aim to publish the HNO in November and the HRP in December.
- In addition, the Consultant will contribute substantively to the communications work in different forum where it is required to update on HPC activities.
Qualifications / Special Skills
- Academic Qualifications: An Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Political Science, Social Science, International Studies, Public Administration, Economics, Engineering, Earth Sciences or a related field is required.
- A First-level University Degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced University Degree.
- Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area is required.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in English (both written and verbal skills) is required.
19th September 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Maiduguri,Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND