Employment Type: Full-time
- This role will be responsible for sustaining and evolving company IT-strategy, operational systems, and capabilities in line with strategic business objectives, as well as emerging operating environment and industry trends.
- The responsibility includes devising the company’s IT strategy and ensuring that all systems necessary in supporting its operations and objectives are in place.
- The scope of the role includes developing, planning, and implementing an IT strategy that meets the company’s business needs, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintain utmost security.
Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- Develops and executes strategies and policies for the ICT department that are aligned with the company’s corporate strategy.
- Plays an active part in company’ strategic planning process by contributing relevant input on Performance Management, Business Intelligence, and ICT issues.
- Works with other managers to develop ICT strategies and plans that will enhance customer service, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation within the company.
- Communicates goals, projects, and timelines of the company to the department; plans ways to achieve those goals within the department.
- Drives the implementation of ICT strategy and policies in company that are in line with the organization’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Manages the financial aspects of the IT department, including technical acquisitions, budgeting, and budget review in line with operational strategies and company’ goals.
Performance Management Systems:
- Consult members of management team and functional leaders to define and implement performance management framework and systems, together with key performance indicators (KPI) and result indicators (RI) for the Group and each business unit & department.
- Supports the Business Line Managers with the definition of performance measures and metrics, together with the underlying information requirements for effective business intelligence.
- Ensure collection and analysis of the right data to measure performance against strategic and operational objectives.
- Provide real-time dashboards and scorecards (as defined by leadership) and analytics to support effective performance measurement and management, and decision making.
- Considers the use of AI and other tools in enhancing performance measurement and benchmarking
Management Information Systems:
- Develop systems that provide access to key business insights that improve decision making processes and support the achievement of strategic objectives within the group.
- Support Operational Leaders with the definition of information and decision support systems and analytics with the underlying data and informational requirements for effective operational management and decision making.
- Leverage advanced data analytics and other advanced technologies to develop early warning systems that will help appropriate stakeholders within the group to identify and address potential failures at both composite and granular levels.
- Support leadership with the definition of decision support and business intelligence information and provide underling data and information architecture that will deliver timely decision-making information and performance measurement information.
- Consider the use of AI and other tools in enhancing decision making and decision support.
Operational Efficiency and Infrastructure Management:
- Leverage advanced data analytics and digital workflows to achieve supply chain efficiency and cost containment.
- Develop solutions that deliver a system for more accurate project cost estimation, reducing errors to near zero.
- Standardize and streamline critical client project delivery processes, such as the bill of quantity definition process, to ensure timely and cost-effective ordering of materials by optimization of the existing ERP solution and/or development of new digital workflows.
- Digitalise processes by collaborating with functional leads and stakeholders to identify critical processes that can be transformed digitally and ensure that the digital transformation not only yields cost savings but also improve quality for client projects.
- Benchmark internal and external data to support functional teams in evaluating the cost of developing capital assets, identifying areas for improvement and cost savings.
- Leverage internal process data as well as global benchmark data for the company to develop end-to-end processes for capital asset development, reducing inefficiencies and costs.
- Ensures the availability, optimal use, and maintenance of company’ IT Infrastructure including applications/Software, Hardware, Networks, Data Centre, and related equipment.
- Coordinates and manages ICT projects within company to ensure successful implementation, and alignment with the organisations needs and strategy.
- Ensures cost efficiency of company’ IT infrastructure (i.e., Applications/Software, Hardware, Networks, Data Centre, and related equipment)
- Ensures IT contracting and procurement strategies are based on approved procedures and monitors the quality of work delivered by key IT vendors.
- Reviews performance of applications to ensure capacity to support changing demands.
- Ensures that all ICT tools, processes, and systems are in place to meet operational requirements and changing technological advancements.
- Provides support to other teams within the business during systems upgrades, installations, and conversions.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, SLAs/license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
Stakeholder and External Relations:
- Establishes alliances with external service providers as necessary.
- Communicates regularly with executive management and user groups.
- Negotiates and administers vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Collaborates with all departments within the company, to assess and recommend technologies that will support achievement of the corporate strategy.
IT Security and Business Continuity:
- Develops and implements business continuity plan and disaster recovery plans.
- Manages and oversees the implementation of an information security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimises the risk of data loss and information breaches.
- Evaluates operational risks associated with critical IT operations and develops strategies for minimising or eliminating the occurrence of such risks.
- Support Group HR with effective, efficient people management systems and Operating Model
- Manages and oversees department’s performance through direction, supervision, and performance appraisals; Provides constructive feedback to employees to assist with development.
- Provides strong direction and leadership, ensuring clear strategic objectives are in place to guide the work of the department.
- Supports the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses.
- Promotes a strong team culture
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, (Electrical and Electronic) or any numerate discipline
- Master’s in Computer Science, Business Administration or Information technology required.
- Relevant professional certification such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in administration of information systems and technology with increasing level of responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of information technology and information technology systems.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Number of breaches in the IT security system
- Number of hours of IT system downtime per specified period
- IT Expense as a Percentage of Total Revenue
- IT Expense per End User
- Mean time to repair.
- First contact resolution rate
Skill & Competence:
The competence proficiency levels required for the position of CIO are defined using the following key terms.
- IT Strategy Development – Mastery
- Financial Management – Skill
- Reporting and Analysis – Skill
- Technology Management – Mastery
- Business Intelligence – Mastery
- Project Management – Skill
- Technology Road-mapping – Mastery
- Service Level Management – Mastery
- Relationship Management – Mastery
- Vendor Management – Mastery
- Communications and Change Leadership – Skill
- Excellent problem-solving skills – Mastery
- Strong analytical skills (ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users)– Mastery
- Good awareness of health and safety – Knowledge.
29th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.
- Location Lagos
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND