Contract: 208 working hours per month and flexibility is required
- Executing the maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure.
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures.
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, User Access right, backup, security for equipment and software, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency.
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with the Information Systems (IS) Specialist and/or HQ Technical Referent for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at his/her level are appropriately escalated.
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems.
- Providing regular activity reports for the sites under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF guidelines. Updating and archiving all user and ICT (Information and Communications Technology) related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures.
- Participating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process.
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points;
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- Diploma and formal technical training.
- Certifications in the domain would be an asset.
- Previous experience in IT or technical functions
- 1-2 years in MSF Logistics Department,
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa and Fulani (Speak) required.
- Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365 / Microsoft 365)
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and maintenance processes, network theory and their respective protocols, main email systems, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
- Understanding in Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concepts (HF, VHF, GSM, Satellite)
- Teaching and supporting skills.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Participles
- Stress Management.
According to MSF France salary grid.
20th June, 2022 (5:00PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Drop your CV, Cover Letter, and copy of qualifications at:
Box of MSFF Katsina office,
Plot No.1 Block ‘’J’’ KPL 201,
New Government House
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the closing date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.
- Location Katsina USD Month