Institutional Capacity Strengthening Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Plan is seeking applicants for an Institutional Capacity Strengthening Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Opportunities to Learn education activity in Nigeria.
- The Opportunities to Learn activity aims to equip out-of-school children and youth in northeast Nigeria with the foundational skills needed to progress to higher levels of education, training and/or engagement in the workforce.
- This position is contingent upon the award of the project by the donor.
- Strengthen and support the role of civil society and community-based organizations to contribute to the delivery of results of the program.
- Facilitate local accountability for management and oversight of non-formal learning centres.
- Support and develop state and local youth-led organizations to successfully support increased utilization of Basic Education services for target populations
- Identify new opportunities from established Data Hubs to shape and inform quality equitable education policies and programs with data, evidence and lessons learned from non-formal education in Nigeria
- Develop a training plan on the locally run education management information system that captures out-of-school children and youth enrolled and mainstreamed
- Support Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council, state and local education authorities to develop appropriate learner assessment and certification standards, tools and processes
- Support the development and implementation of quality assurance policies and tools, to be used by a variety of stakeholders including governmental education bodies, schools, Head Teachers and parents
- This position will work closely with project technical leads to integrate capacity strengthening across all results.
- Externally, they will serve as the primary liaison with key governmental stakeholders for institutional systems strengthening and capacity building.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Education, Special Education, Education, Education Policy and Planning, Educational Administration, International Development or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of education project implementation experience
- Specific experience in primary education reform, institutional capacity building, policy framework development, and working in crisis-affected environments
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, schools, Head Teachers, and other stakeholders at the national, district, and local levels
- Knowledge of the Nigerian certification processes and basic education standards
- Experience with assessment measurements, including Early Grade Reading Assessments and Early Grade Math Assessments
- Demonstrated expertise in policy mapping
- Ability to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, education data management and analysis, and data presentation through user-friendly dashboards
- Work experience in Nigeria highly preferred
- Proficient English oral and written communication skills are essential
11th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Location Maiduguri,Borno NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND