Intern (Procurement and Logistics)
SVN No. : CFCV2021.24
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Organizational Unit: Resource Management (Procurement & Logistics)
IOM Classification: UG
Type of Appointment: 6 Months Internship
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of and the Procurement and Logistics Officer, Lagos and the direct supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Assistants, Lagos and in close coordination with all the RM and Programme Units, the incumbent will assist in carrying out Procurement and Logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in carrying out procurement and logistical tasks within the office, including procurement, supply and transport, documentation, storage and warehousing, equipment up-grading, etc.
- Assist in following-up on the status of purchase orders and keep the requesting unit abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Assist in verifying conformity of delivered goods to the specifications in the purchase order and if they are in good condition, report deviations and take corrective measures in coordination with requesting Unit.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining tracking and filing systems for asset supply and programme material distribution
- Assist in maintaining the asset inventory list and update it at regular intervals by carrying out physical verification of assets in the office and at the warehouse; conduct issue of assets based on proper documentary authorization.
- Additionally, adhere to IOM procedures for disposal of assets.
- Assist in maintaining procurement, inventory and vendor database.
- Assist in preparing tender Documents and the other sequential documents such as, keeping records of the number of issues, collection of cash, Pre-bid Meetings Bid Submission, Bid Evaluation Resolution to Award and Notice of Award.
- Assist in supporting timely and regular reporting of procurement / logistical data of the office
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree / Certificate in Procurement and Logistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution, training or minimum experience of Four Years (Two Years for Degree Holders) in related field, preferably within the International Humanitarian Field; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
6th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line and click the below link to complete the process indicating position number on subject line by 06.
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “CFCV2021.24 Lagos – Intern (Procurement and Logistics) Resource Management (Procurement & Logistics) UG”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos,NG NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND