Internal Audit Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepare financial statement and review same for compliance with IFRS
- Prepare management accounts and review same for compliance with GAAP and IFRS recognition criteria
- Prepare internal audit reports and document the results of audit work done in compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Assist with value-for-money audits, monitoring discounts, client questionnaire feedback, asset maintenance schedule, etc.,
- Assist with ICT audits (including social media engagement, resolution of ICT issues, the safety of company-issued devices, etc.,).
- Assist with legal audits (including the filing of annual returns, holding of general meetings, legal cases, existing/new contracts).
- Assist with HR audits (including tracking of practicing licenses, attendance registers, tracking of attrition rate, disciplinary action, etc.,).
- Assist with finance audits including confirming that sales are banked appropriately, audit of payment vouchers to identify unauthorized payments/payments without appropriate back-up, payroll audit, monitoring statutory declarations/withholdings/payroll deductions (including VAT, PAYE, pension, WHT) for correct and timely remittances.
- Review bank accounts reconciliation and detects any inconsistencies with the cash book.
- Review intercompany reconciliation and detect inconsistencies with records maintained.
- Accompany purchasers to market and carry out market research for the cost of items.
- Count inventory (store items, foodstuff, medication & health products) on a monthly basis, trace actual quantity to the appropriate records and detect irregularities.
- Count cash and trace to the cash book.
- Carry out surprise checks (store items, food stuff, medication & health products).
- Review Fixed Assets Register for correctness and completeness and carry out surprise checks.
- Review billing records and payment requests for accuracy.
- Review in detail the policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization and test staff knowledge of same
- Test the effectiveness of existing internal controls and identify areas for improvement based on global best practice with consideration for how the organization operates.
- Research existing/new accounting standards, policies and regulations and any change in legislation that may impact the organization.
- Contribute in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
Educational & Experience Requirements
- Degree in Accountancy.
- Student member (final stage) as at December 2021 or chartered member of ACCA or ICAN.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a full-time accounting role in a structured organization (including 1 year-experience in internal audit and 1 year managerial/supervisory experience).
- Takes initiative to learn skills relevant to the job and improve quality of work done.
- Very good at review (eye for detail).
- Acts in an ethical manner and can keep confidential information.
- Can work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Can complete multiple assignments and respects deadlines.
- Can use MS-Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) and video conferencing applications (Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, MS-Teams).
- Report writing skills, good in written and spoken English.
- Very organized and does not require too-much supervision/follow-up.
- Must reside in Abuja (preferably within Kado, Utako, Jabi, Life Camp, Gwarinpa, Jahi, Katampe, Kubwa axis).
21st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Abuja,Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND