Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist
Start Date: June, 2021
Reporting To: The Technical Director, PFM
- The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected states and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The IGR Specialist will support the design and implementation of the State2State Activity’s IGR strategy and its implementation, including advocacy, integration, and engagement activities across and within all core states and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) with focus on three dimensions compliance, enforcement, and public-private dialogue to expand the tax base.
- The IGR Specialist will lead technical activities to improve IGR to fund service delivery improvements in key sectors, such as WASH, health, and education. Such activities may include: lead public-private dialogues regarding IGR reforms; developing IGR expansion strategies for each state; conduct regular IGR forecasting and tracking, and build capacity of stakeholders to institutionalize similar processes; conduct or facilitate training for boards of internal revenue, MDAs, ministries of finance and economic development (MOFED), and LGAs on enforcement and administration; mentor officials on IGR expansion strategies, exploring innovative solutions and public-private partnerships (PPPs); evaluate the states’ taxpayer processes, identifying critical gaps/inefficiencies and opportunities; identify and map tax policy and administration challenges in the states, and proposing strategies for improving funding, logistics, administrative, systems, human resources, and compliance and monitoring; contribute to efforts to build government counterpart capacities to identify, respond to, and enhance tax, customs, and other revenue administration; work with citizens to explore the current gaps; explore opportunities and challenges to increase voluntary compliance by taxpayers as well as improve efficiency in revenue management; and other activities as directed by the State2State senior management.
- The IGR Specialist will mentor officials on IGR expansion strategies, exploring innovative solutions and PPPs and ensure innovation and quality control of IGR activities.
- The IGR Specialist will collaborate with the Technical Director Public Financial Management (PFM) and key stakeholders to ensure integration of IGR interventions into all program activities.
- A relevant Degree in Business, Accounting, Development Studies, or relevant field required. MBA or other relevant Master’s Degree preferable
- At least nine (9) years professional experience, with at least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in design and implementation of interventions regarding improving revenue generation
- Previous successful experience in working for or with government counterparts and/or community organizations to improve IGR
- Demonstrated effective training, capacity building and coaching skills, networking, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills
- Demonstrable experience in integrating gender into revenue generation activities
- Strong skill set in reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; fluency in English language
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
7th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist” as the subject of the email.
Note: Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Location Bauchi,Bauchi,Bauchi NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA