Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Effective management of inventory forms the core of inventory officer responsibilities.
- The inventory officer is primarily responsible for handling the material management responsibilities that include acquisition of the material, merchandise, items, etc., and its proper distribution.
- The inventory officer may also be referred as the purchasing or inventory manager.
- The purpose of this position is to coordinate the activities of those engaged in inventory management and to ensure that optimum levels of inventory is maintained and that it is at par with quality standards.
- He/she is also responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate.
- The inventory officer is responsible for preparing the purchase orders, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
- He/she is also involved in preparing the inventories, maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems for entering the records and is accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders.
- He/she is responsible for preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions.
- He/she finds out sources of supply and is responsible for obtaining quotes from the suppliers as well.
- He/she makes sure to get rid of the surplus or obsolete stock.
- To maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the store so as to ensure accuracy and completeness
- To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
- To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, he/she ensures that the stocks stay physically protected in the store
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- To supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpackin
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Logistic Management, Business Management or any other related course.
- 1-2 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the country and across the region on a regular basis
- High degree of independence, creativity and commitment
- Strong analytic and communication skills, ability to write clearly and succinctly under time pressure and to make well organized verbal presentations.
- Ability to work under high pressure of work
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
21st June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in either Microsoft or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title, Location and Full Names (starting with the surname first, other names, then location – Example: Pharmacist [Obio-Akpor] – Okafor Tola Amina) as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Diadem Consults Initiativeis an equal opportunity employer. Key populations have equal opportunities and are advised to apply.
- Location Port Harcourt, Rivers USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND