IT Support Technician
- Do you have what it takes to elevate a world class business organization?
- Maersk are looking for an IT Support Technician with a passion for new technologies to support our internal customers in Lagos.
- Provide onsite local IT support for incidents that are assigned to the IT Support Technicians team & ensure that T&L IT standard processes are followed for services provided.
- Be responsible for Desktop management; install, move, add, change, decommission support for IT equipment (PCs, Laptops, Printers, Servers).
- Support general OS/MS Office/other application running problems or corruptions.
- Support and advice the Facilities Management/Office Services in relation to offices move planning.
- Support Hardware and Software asset management as per our global processes.
- Be responsible for LAN cabling troubleshooting.
- Be part of on-call support for critical incidents or emergency situations outside of regular business hours as part of our Business Continuity Plan.
- Provide a best in class service to our business customers & identify shortfalls in service delivery to implement improvements.
- Together with the Lead IT Technician for the Region, assist with the resolution of 2nd level escalations.
- Coordinate and manage equipment through Maersk appointed list of vendors.
- Ensure a close liaison with Global Service Desk (GSC), GCC and other IT support groups.
- Provide support for other sites within East Africa as required.
- Project Execution: work closely with the Project Manager to implement projects.
- Provide VIP support to selective customers as per SLA and agreement.
- Provide input on IT Forecast and budget to IT Lead.
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of IT support experience
- ITIL knowledge (certification optional)
- Project management certification is a plus but not a must (Agile, Prince 2, PmP)
- Have worked with Service desk tools and Incident / problem / request processes
- Familiar across multiple Windows operating systems, Hardware (servers, routers, switches)
- Basic understanding of Networking and ability to liaise with remote support teams.
- Mandatory Degree or Diploma in IT – Bachelor or Master level
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Extraverted/Outgoing nature.
- Ability to communicate with a wide audience, at all levels in the organization.
- Good English language written and verbal skills as a minimum.
- Passion for technology and cutting-edge solutions.
- A real desire to help people: Solution provider Not a support provider.
- Someone who interacts with and understands business language/requirements, and able to translate into IT talk.
- Play a part in major global organizational improvement project.
- Help implement global standard IT processes for service and support.
- Pro-active participation in regional Maersk IT Account Management team.
- Develop core IT skills related to global support management.
- Insight into local business practices and challenges worldwide.
Interested and qualified? Go to MAERSK career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND