Junior Power Expert
GRADE: P2/P3 ANNUAL SALARY: (UA 42,916.53/USD 67,713.70) TO (UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72) STATUS: CONTRACT DURATION: Two (02) years
Duties Under the supervision of the Senior Power Expert, he/she will give assistance in the management of power regulatory matters, among others, to the:
- Review and analysis of ECOWAS Member States Power sector regulatory techniques.
- Development of technical, economic and financial standards for the regional electricity power market.
- Benchmarking of the power sector Regulators (comparative analysis of the
- structure and the operational performances of the Power sector regulators at the regional level and periodic update).
- Review of the ECOWAS energy Master Plan. Follow-up of activities related to the development of electricity infrastructure, in the ECOWAS sub-region.
- Participate in the formulation, proposal, review and application of the regional tariff methodology and pricing model for the regional electricity market.
- Propose and set up technical rules and standards for the operation of the regional electricity system and market.
- Collation, management and monitoring of technical data in the regional electricity market.
- Monitoring of the reliability of the regional electricity system.
- Suggesting proposals for improvement of regulatory tools in Member States.
- Participate in the development of a regional framework for environmental protection, clean energy and energy efficiency.
- Harmonisation of technical standards in the regional electricity market.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualifications / Experiences/Skills
- A minimum of a first degree in Engineering or any related field.
- Five (05) years professional experience relating to the conception and management of electric systems including two (2) years in technical regulation of power sector.
- Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required minimum professional experience to three (3) years with two (2) years in technical regulation of power sector. ‘
- Good knowledge of all types of electricity generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure, as well as in their technical management and planning.
- Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
- Good team player and performance oriented, capability to work in a multicultural team.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
- Age The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
- Language requirement Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English, French and Portuguese.
- A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
How to apply:
Applicants should send, latest by Friday 30 August, 2019, at 5.00pm GMT, an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address: email@example.com
In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications.
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND