- To assist Chef/ Cook in undertaking food preparation tasks, preparing ingredients, vegetables, preparing simple dishes, observing correct cooking times and temperatures, using cooking equipment, cleaning and keeping work stations clean and tidy.
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook’s instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
- Assisting with inventory control, removing the garbage, washing garbage cans, and clearing refrigerators, freezers, and storage rooms.
- The ideal candidate must have valid certifications which must include BOSIET or OSP.
- OND / SSCE qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar role.
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- The ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
30th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] indicating “Kitchen Assistant” as subject of the mail.
- Location Delta, Delta, Delta NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification OND