Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management
Ref Id: 149369BR
Service Line: Legal Council
Job Level: Senior Associate/ Senior Team member
Contract Type: Contractor
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance with the establishment of effective and efficient compliance framework, policies and procedures.
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts / agreements / documents to ensure that the firm is properly protected and ensure compliance with the Firm’s standard business terms and conditions.
- Attendance at legal proceedings and providing regular court update on status of outstanding court matters.
- Representing the firm at meetings, taking minutes and proffering legal opinions.
- Liaise with the firm’s external lawyers, insurance brokers and regulators
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory filing, licensing and registrations
- Anticipate and counsel on adverse regulatory or litigation trends, including collaborating with key stakeholders
- Assistance with the review the Firm’s prohibited investments list and monitor compliance in line with the Risk Management policy.
- Assist in conducting Risk Management and Independence Compliance reviews.
- Manage and administer the Risk Management databases and microweb.
- Deploy and monitor web-based training programs for the Firm.
- Conduct research from appropriate sources/references in resolving risk management related queries.
- Attend to queries from engagement teams on Q&RM issues.
- Manage the various Q&RM functional email boxes.
- Any other Quality & Risk Management functions as may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Law degree from a reputable university with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) division.
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) division.
- 6 – 10 years “Post-NYSC” working experience
- Candidates must have 5 credits at O’ Levels in one sitting, including Mathematics and English
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Knowledge of local and global Auditor’s Independence Rules such as SEC, IFAC Code of Ethics for Accountants and ICAN Regulations, will be an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically, provide creative solutions and appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good leadership and teaming skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of office Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good professional appearance and attitude.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, ,NG NGN Month