Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management
Ref No: 149894BR
Service Line: Legal Council
Job Level: Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- Provides adequate support to the Risk Management Unit in ensuring the firm’s risks are appropriately identified, monitored, mitigated, and where necessary, eliminated through the design and/or implementation of statutory compliance, control frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling of legal matters relating to the firm, including monitoring of the firm’s court cases, handling correspondence with external legal counsel and managing of the firm’s legal affairs.
- Review all contracts to ensure all contractual risks are covered before the final submission of a binding offer and modify where necessary in line with legal requirements as well as KPMG policies and procedures.
- Lead contract negotiations and relevant discussions with clients.
- Develop and maintain an effective compliance framework to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor the firm’s commercial obligations and ensure strict compliance with the fundamental terms.
- Conduct internal risk management compliance reviews in line with global requirements.
- Provide high quality legal assistance and act as a true business partner for internal clients.
- Manage the liaison with General Counsel, External Legal Counsel, Insurance brokers, Regulators and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage data privacy matters of the firm.
- Provide top-quality support in managing queries on risk management policies, procedures and systems.
- Participate in administering quality & risk management training programs.
- Perform other quality & risk management duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Law degree from a reputable university with a minimum of second class upper (2:1).
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of second class upper (2:1).
- Candidates must have 5 credits at O’ Levels in one sitting, including Mathematics and English.
- 8 – 10 years post-NYSC relevant work experience. Experience gained in a professional services firm will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of local and global Auditor’s Independence Rules such as SEC, IFAC Code of Ethics for Accountants and ICAN Regulations, will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ambitious, mature and business-minded with strong leadership and high ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and share knowledge.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Exciting unparalleled exposure to quality and risk management skills, competencies and tools
- Continuous learning and development
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
- Unrivalled opportunity to grow and be innovative
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, ,NG NGN Month