Learning Advisor, IHI Nigeria
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Position / Project Summary
- IHI is seeking an experienced Learning Advisor for a USAID-funded quality of care project in Nigeria.
- The project is “Strengthening of MNCH Quality of Care Advancement in Nigeria through Learning and Research,” and is a full-time position based in Abuja with possible travel throughout the country.
- IHI is responsible for the project’s Objective 1:Support the Government of Nigeria’s (GoN) ambition to collaborate with academia by commissioning research on Quality of Care (QoC) for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) in the six geopolitical zones.
- This objective aligns with USAID CDCS in promoting learning and sharing of best practices and success stories.
- It also supports the GoN in the journey to self-reliance.
- The Learning Advisor will co-lead the design of and will lead the implementation of IHI’s activities to achieve Objective 1. The Learning Advisor will serve as IHI’s liaison and will provide appropriate support to the project’s lead implementing partner, Jhpiego, as well as the Nigerian Ministry of Health (MOH).
IHI’s activities may evolve based on the needs and priorities identified by the USAID Nigeria mission, Jhpiego, and the MOH. Currently, activities are expected to include, but may not be limited to:
- Build will and co-design a sustainability plan for a virtual learning platform with the MOH. The learning platform will be a repository of Nigeria-specific QoC resources, publications, events, and other content relevant to MNCH quality of care.
- Support the design of the learning platform’s underlying technology, the content development (e.g., website, listserv, discussion forum, etc.), and the launch of the platform.
- Support the production of monthly webinars through the learning platform to engage implementers and researchers in conversation about solutions, findings, policies, best practices, common challenges, and learning priorities all relevant to MNCH QoC.
- Support the MOH through moderation, curation, and synthesis of the discussions on the learning platform.
- Support the MOH in conducting periodic learning sessions (in-person and/or virtual) designed to regularly take stock of and advance progress on MNCH QoC workstreams in Nigeria.
- Support (QI) Summit.
- Working with academic institutions, support the development of High Impact Briefs based on the outputs of the institutions’ research activities, distilling information into simple formats usable by frontline workers and other implementer stakeholders.
- Support the development of an Implementation Guide to accompany the national QoC Strategy document. The Implementation Guide will include tools to support implementation monitoring of the updated national QoC Strategy.
- Post-graduate Degree or higher in Public Health, Health Systems, Health Policy and Planning, or other related field with at least 5 years relevant work experience..
- Proven success in designing and implementing effective training and capacity development interventions.
- Professional experience interacting with academic research institutions.
- Familiarity with ongoing Government of Nigeria efforts aimed at improving maternal, newborn, and child health across the country.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more of IHI’s content areas, especially in the application of improvement science methods, learning systems, and quality policy implementation systems
- Able to lead the process of developing project work plans and overseeing their implementation with support of other partners
- As key person on IHI’s staff on the project, play a major coordinating role for other faculty recruited to support specific aspects of the project to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability and skills to develop learning products from the learning objectives of the project e.g., blogs, publications, hold webinars, podcasts etc.
- Project management skills, including being detail-focused and managing toward aggressive timelines.
- Able to maneuver through complex political situations to achieve desired outcomes especially interfacing with officials of the Ministry of Health and partners .
- Ability and skill to drive and achieve quality results within complex, time-constrained goals.
- Familiarity with grants/contracts and other complex funding arrangements a plus. Experience working on USAID-funded projects a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written), including superior presentation skills.
- Able to think about whole systems, rather than optimize for one part.
- Able to create a compelling vision and build motivation with internal and external teams.
- Negotiation, decision making, and delegation skills.
- Able to effectively coach and motivate internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive to effectively develop self and others.
- Must be an approachable mentor, employee advocate, and team leader.
- Able to actively support, communicate, and teach the unique culture and values of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- At IHI, we are inspired to do our best work and be our best selves by leaning into our values and uniting in our vision to create a future in which everyone has the best care and health possible.
- We ensure that people feel valued and supported in meaningful ways, as demonstrated in our total rewards package that features competitive compensation, full coverage of private medical insurance, tuition reimbursement, a personal development allowance to support what matters to you, a professional development allowance to support continued learning, respect for personal commitments and flexibility to manage them, generous time off including vacation time, Summer Fridays, a paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day, wellness and wellbeing time, and other special programs to support employee wellbeing.
27th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, military service, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political belief, and any other protected class under applicable law.
- We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
- Location Abuja,Abuja,Abuja
- Salary ₦ 50,000 - 100,000 USD 50000-100000 Month