Legal Officer, Corporate & Contracts
Ref No: 20000016
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: MD/CE Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range – From : Senior Banking Officer Grade Range – To : Deputy Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides, under the guidance of the Team Lead, legal advisory services in respect of various contracts to SBUs, SRFs and the Bank’s subsidiaries with respect to structured finance, project finance, international trade, oil & gas financing, derivatives, telecommunications financing (operators, service providers and dealers) highlighting the Bank’s attendant obligations, privileges and rights and consequences of breach of such contracts
- Researches and prepares legal opinions on basic day-to-day issues bothering on the Unit’s activities.
- Attending meetings with SBUs and other SRFs for purposes of negotiating terms and conditions of commercial transaction to be entered into by the Bank.
- Prepares the drafts of all species of local and cross-border Bonds and Guarantees and vets/reviews drafts of same prepared by counterparties to ensure there are no adverse clauses and that the interest of the Bank is adequately protected and understudies the Team Lead and Guarantee Supervisors in the Department in the art of Bonds and Guarantee drafting and reviews.
- Supports the Team Lead in the actualization of numerous product and service offerings, alliances, partnerships and other synergistic relationships created by the Products & Channels Unit.
- Prepares, reviews and vets a wide range of documentation, including but not limited to letter of domiciliation, Indemnities, Irrevocable Remittance Undertakings, Irrevocable Standard Payment Orders, Letters of Comfort, Letters of Support, Letters of Intent, etc.
- Prepare Loan Agreements, Corporate Guarantees, Sales & Collection Agreements, Letters of Hypothecation, Equipment Leases, Deeds of Release etc.
- Conducts, analyzes, and interprets searches on Certificates of Registration/Incorporation of corporate entities.
- Supports the Team Lead and Unit Head in the provision of general advisory services to the Bank’s subsidiaries.
- Ensures compliance with the principles and policies contained in the Information Security Handbook.
- Works with External Solicitors to verify genuineness of Letters of Administration and probate documents
- Follows up on External Counsel on briefs assigned to them, including but not limited to the processes involved in the preparation and filing of legal pleadings, motions, etc
- Ensures compliance with the principles and policies contained in the Business Continuity Management Handbook.
- Assists the Team Lead and Unit Head in the Unit’s involvement in, and compliance with the Bank’s Information Security Management Policies, Business Continuity Management, BS25999, ISO 27001, and initiatives, internal audit outcomes and compliance with recommendations, ICAFAS, Business Performance Management, PSQA etc.
- Minimum Education: First degree in Law and Professional Certificate of Barrister At Law (compulsory)
- Minimum experience: Two years post call, legal practice in chambers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, ,NG NGN Month