Linux / Unix (AIX) Systems Administrator
- The Unix (AIX) / Linux Systems Administrator provides enterprise-wide systems support services for mission-critical systems in multiple data centers.
- The Unix / Linux administrator provides technical services to include: systems design, planning, hardware/software installation, operations, maintenance, and upgrades to systems and infrastructure components which support the daily business functions.
- The Linux/Unix Systems Administrator will help deploy, support, and maintain servers, virtual environments, storage, and infrastructure.
- Monitor and report/publish storage and system performance in the UNIX / Linux environment.
- Maintain and support the storage environment consisting of SAN, HP and Dell storage system
- Maintain and support Microsoft infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPOs, Exchange and Lync.
- Manage deployments using automated scripts and templates in virtual and bare metal environments.
- Maintain and support the Aruba cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Harden servers and services to corporate standards and industry best practices.
- Monitor systems availability and performance using commercial and open source tools.
- Administer and maintain backup systems and other storage technologies.
- Maintain and support the company VMware environment.
- Respond to and resolve service incidents.
- Perform root-cause analysis, instituting preventive measures where indicated.
- Collaborate with departments across the company to accomplish team objectives.
- 2 – 3 years of System Administrator experience required
- 2 – 3 years of Linux/Unix (AIX) system administration experience required
- Virtualization experience required
- Basic shell and Perl scripting required
- Practical knowledge of networking concepts required
- Understanding of security concepts and best practices required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Willingness to learn new technologies to support company growth required
- MSSQL and MySQL administration experience
- UNIX/Linux Administration TCP/IP networks
- Advanced scripting experience, in Perl, PowerShell, or UNIX shells
- Advanced hardware and server operating system knowledge (HP UNIX, Redhat, Windows 2000 Server & XP, Novell 6.x, Citrix etc.),
- Advanced server OS knowledge (ADS, LDAP administration skills) Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP. Working knowledge of at least 5 of the OSI layers and LAN/WAN Technologies/skills.
27th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV in MS Word to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos USD Month