Livelihood Consultant (Federal and State Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The Livelihood Consultants will provide advice and guidance to strengthen the quality of implementation of livelihood components of the project
- The Consultants will provide strategic technical leadership in developing livelihood sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required
- The Consultants will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned and bring about the desired impacts as listed in the project results framework through monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of lessons learnt.
- Preparation of needs and response analysis in order to put together the right framework for policies and procedures
- Diagnosis of livelihood interventions in the state and identifying key areas specifically for proposed project
- Conceptualizing thematic policies and developing strategies for the proposed project
- To build up strategies to promote livelihoods through various kinds of partnerships that would allow for sector based technical assistance
- Develop guidelines/training manual for the participatory planning at the village level to develop livelihood plan.
- Identify State and LGA specific livelihood opportunities and resource institutions for the various target groups
- Provide strategic technical leadership in developing livelihood sector strategies, implementation plans, monitoring plans and knowledge products.
- Provide advice and inputs in strengthening program staff capacity in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of livelihood activities as well as other components of the program as required.
- Suggest approaches to enhance the quality of existing livelihoods programs, drawing on international and local best practice.
- Support with developing M&E tools in order to monitor and evaluate programs and conducting assessments of livelihood projects by using efficient methodology Identify technical gaps in knowledge and skills among staff and partners and develop capacity to make the recipients self-sufficient.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the National Project Coordinator
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Economics or related field (A professional qualification will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of 10 years multistate relevant experience in the field of livelihoods with poverty reduction programs/project being run by the government/large NGOs/reputed corporate entities or donor agencies.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Livelihoods, Food Security and Economic Strengthening programming in context of rural livelihoods enhancement and development. (Experience should cover both semi-urban and rural settings)
- Proven skills in livelihood sector analysis, activities implementation design & process steps, mapping & needs assessment surveys, monitoring and evaluation plans, and action plans.
- Past performance in supervision, training and coaching staff in livelihood programming and results-based project management.
- Sound knowledge of participatory methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both speaking and oral) in English and the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience leading economic & livelihood assessments in a recovery context.
- Proven skills in providing capacity development support to local partners.
- Previous working experience in Nigeria.
- Languages: Fluency in both written and spoken English.
12th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: For State Level applications, applicants should specify their state of interest.
- Location Abia/Edo/Kebbi/Niger/Ogun and Taraba USD Month