Livelihoods Assistant – CBT
Location: Ngala, Borno
- The Cash Base Transfer Assistant is responsible for assisting the Cash Based Transfer Officer in the implementation of DRC CBT activities in the intervention communities in Borno State (Ngala).
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in planning and ensuring the effective implementation of the CBT (Cash Based Transfer).
- Assist in all CBT related field work, including community mobilization, beneficiary identification/registration, distributions, and monitoring.
- Assist in ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Participate in trader identification, selection and training.
- Assist in maintaining all documentations relating directly to CBT activities required to ensure accountability to DRC and donors, particularly where labor is concerned.
- Assist in administrative matters relating directly to CBT activities: time-sheets, payment schedules, required paper-work and liaison with finance department.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Work with the Programme Officer to prepare monthly cash requirement forecast for CBT activities.
- Provide information on CBT activities as requested by the Programme Officer.
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference, and security threats to DRC staff and activities.
- Assist DRC Security Officer and Cash Based Transfer Officer on any threats to DRC staff and activities; promptly reporting incidents/security threats in areas of operation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Cash Based Transfer Officer.
- BA/B.Sc/HND in relevant field required; 2 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Prior experience implementing CBT with an INGO is preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices.
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills.
- Fluency in English; fluency in Kanuri or Hausa is required
To be successful in this role we expect you to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Prepare and share work plan with the CPT Officer according to the programme detail and implementation plan.
- Provide the Cash Based Transfer Officer with relevant documents, and channel issues.
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
20th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
- Note: DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- Location Ngala, Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND