Location: Abuja (FCT)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Productivity Improvement Manager, the Livestock Officer will contribute to activities related to livestock production components of the ALDDN program, and in particular will:
- participate in the design and implementation of the livestock production activities that support good farming practices that regards the development and usage of feed and fodder resources, efficient use of animal nutrition, provision of feed safety, and other associated technical and policy issues including the agribusiness of particularly marketing animal feeds.
- in collaboration with the productivity improvement team in the office, participate in the development, implementation, and technical support of ALDDN’s Field Program relating to the production of feed resources, development of feeding standards, and improvement of animal nutrition; provide advice to partners and beneficiaries on the importance of efficient use of animal nutrition in livestock development programs.
- develop strategies to enhance better utilization of available and potential animal feed resources, genetics and breeding improvement, and facilitate training of good feeding and nutritional practices.
- develop and track the training calendar and modules (including infographic brochures, demo videos, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and radio) in local languages for dissemination) for farm record keeping, good dairy practices, and the feed industry in developing and complying with feed safety/quality standards.
- review training contents for brochures and videos as well as contribute to developing materials and conducting training trainers’ sessions for extension agents and smallholder dairy farmers in livestock production and husbandry practices.
- work and participate in field activities to promote interdisciplinary program interventions that relate to animal production and nutrition, dairy production, and feed safety.
- develop business models for scaling smallholder dairy farming in Nigeria
- keep up-to-date and informed on relevant developments; design and conduct analytical studies on specific technical and policy issues affecting animal nutrition, feed resources, and feed safety.
- plan, organize and participate in both scientific and technical meetings, prepare and edit reports, manuals, guidelines, and other publications concerning the livestock sector and ALDDN program.
- facilitate data collection and analyses that contribute to the ALDDN program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- perform other related duties as required.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 3 years work experience.
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using “Livestock Officer” as the subject of the email.
- Location abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND