Manager – Food & Beverage II (A)
Job Number: 22138664
Location: Bank Anthony Way, Lagos
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Management
- Position responsible for all the food and beverage operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations.
- Develops and implements business plan for food and beverage.
Core Work Activities
Developing and Maintaining Budgets:
- Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage departments.
- Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
- Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team:
- Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee’s concerns.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and verifies that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Drives alignment of all employees, team leaders and managers to the brand’s service culture.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Verifies all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest’s expectations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, drives quality, and verifies standards are meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities:
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Drives effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2 year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or a related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND