: Manager – Human Resources I
Job Number: 22129828
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Human Resources
Located Remotely? N
Position Type: Management
- As a member of the property Human Resources support staff, he/she works with Human Resources employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment, total compensation, and training and development.
- Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Core Work Activities
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process:
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
- Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures.
- Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Administering and Educating Employee Benefits:
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Prepares, audits and distributes unemployment claim activity reports to property management.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
- Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer employee.
Managing Employee Development:
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
- Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
- Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Maintaining Employee Relations:
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices:
- Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
- Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Conducts periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
- Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.
- Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
- Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection and applicants receive status notifications).
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area OR
- 2-year Degree from an accredited University in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND