Manager, IT Service Management Operations
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2022-012
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
- Assist in reviewing and developing policies, procedures and guidelines for IT Service Management processes, operations, and delivery.
- Establish and develop control of IT Resources (ITSM) processes including Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Knowledge Management under the guidance of the Head.
- Adopt ITIL best practice, to handle all requests/enquiries on IT procurement matters/issues to the ServiceDesk via telephone, email, (CRM) end-user portal (SysAid) or electronic shop to ensure courteous, timely and effective responses on attending to user’s needs.
- Integrate and maintain prompt, highly available and quality service delivery on all IT related services (ServiceDesk Operations).
- Assist the Head in driving overall IT Service Management strategy, objectives and Service Delivery in the Institute.
- Ensure that all requests and enquiries on procurement matters and activities are promptly attended to and closed correctly with the appropriate response to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Manage and oversee the updates of supplies on the IT procurement online stores ensuring physical counts of IT stocks in the store tallies with the electronic store (ShopICT) and are replenished when they fall below the low level.
- Develop Knowledge Management as a fundamental practice of the section, providing an information base through the process of information management with continuous improvements, and exchange of expertise at all levels of the institute.
- Provide and give monthly reports of all procurement activities from stocking IT items (supplies replenishing) to selling, thereby using the report statistics to advise the Head on the trend of procurement activities.
- Enhance positive customer and end-user support experience through the application of appropriate service maintenance metrics and KPIs.
- Assist the Head in planning and implementation of information security systems awareness programs in the institute.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain on the procurement of IT supplies with external IT Vendors/Service Providers.
- Research, analyze and recommend to the Head, state-of-the-art advancement in IT Services Management technologies for deployment and implementation.
- Ensure the IT asset register is accurate and equipment disposals are carried out as per the IITA Asset Usage & Disposal Strategy.
- Review and analyze incident/request and problem reports for patterns, and trends while identifying ways to minimize the occurrence and impacts on business operations in the institute and provide recommendations where necessary to the Head for adoption.
- Develop and maintain standard operational documents and procedures.
- Supervise the daily operations of the Service Management Operations, while monitoring and receiving feedback on the status of IT systems from the
- Infrastructure Operations Team and advising the Head on best practices when and where applicable.
- Liaise with the Head to identify and assist with organizing capacity development for the IT staff member while also performing all other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Head.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology or any other Service Management courses with a minimum of six (6) years of experience performing similar or related roles in a well-structured organization.
- Possession of professional certifications in Information Technology/Service Management (Service Delivery/Management, MCP, A+, ITIL, SDA, SDM, ISO) is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Good client relation and management, Service Delivery and Management, Microsoft Client technologies management (Wins 7, 8, 10, 11), Mac OS management (ElCapitan, Sierra, Mojave etc.), Layer-2 level support, Active Directory and Email Service supports.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format before the deadline.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Ibadan, Oyo USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA