Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD / CEO)
Job No.: (MD/CEO22/01)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Institution is seeking to employ a Managing Director and CEO who will be responsible for overseeing a wide portfolio of investments with accountabilities to the Board and Shareholders of the institution.
- The individual will be required to leverage his/her skills and experience in preserving, building and increasing the capital base of the institution.
- This role is responsible for the achievement of the Institution’s strategic mandate, as well as driving the accomplishment of growth programmes, policies, and the management of risks in line with the vision and mission of the Institution.
- Liaise with the Board to agree the direction for the Institution’s long-term goals and strategy
- Articulate and oversee the translation of high-level corporate strategies and growth plans into business and operational results
- Be accountable for the effective management and operations of the Institution, and its subsidiaries
- Provide leadership, strategic visioning/direction and drive the articulation of short, mid, and long-term strategy and operating framework
- Monitor performance to ensure effective implementation of the recommendations of the Board Lead strategic change to enable an effective people agenda that will foster positive employee experience
- Maintain regular interaction and interface with the Board of Directors on the activities of the Institution its subsidiaries and provide periodic reports on the Institution’s operations
- Establish and nurture relationships with diverse local and international stakeholder groups critical to protecting and sustaining the interests of the Institution
- Maintain collaboration and dialogue with government and/or regulatory bodies to ensure that the Institution can achieve its mandate
- Create platforms and policies that will guide and empower management and staff to achieve the Institution’s mandate and ensure compliance with any statutory and/or regulatory directives relating to the organisation
- Create an enabling environment that empowers management and staff to develop the capability to achieve goals and proactively respond to opportunities and challenges in the business environment
- Maintain oversight functions in relation to all the Institution’s investment and fiscal activities
- Spearhead innovation, impact, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility programmes, as required
- Prepare, as required, periodic and professional reports on the activities and progress of the Institution, towards achieving its mandate
- Lead the role modelling and adoption of the appropriate culture within the Institution to ensure that operations are in accordance with all applicable laws and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies
- Serve as the Chief Spokesperson of the Institution
- Perform other duties that may be required from time to time in relation to services of the Institution and its stakeholders
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a University
- MBA and/or Charter from ICAN/ACCA/CFA is mandatory.
- Relevant Certification(s) in the areas of Management, Finance, Investment Asset Management etc.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant senior management experience and exposure in the global financial services industry.
- Proven experience within the financial services industry including extensive experience in project management investment banking, corporate finance, project finance, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of the global financial markets, Nigerian financial services landscape, Nigerian regulatory frameworks, asset management etc.
- Demonstrated competency in business development, strategic planning, and execution
- Excellent leadership and organisational management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and influencing skills. Understanding of the Institution’s mandate.
Friday; 19th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document and saved with their full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of the e-mail.
Click here to apply online
- The position is based in Abuja, Nigeria and is open to all Nigerian Nationals, who have completed the National Youth Service Programme (NYSC).
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10